|Category||:||Horror, Books, Fiction & Literature, Classics|
|Format Type||:||eBook PDF / e-Pub|
Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley, is part of the Barnes & Noble Classics series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of Barnes & Noble Classics: • New introductions commissioned from today’s top writers and scholars • Biographies of the authors • Chronologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events • Footnotes and endnotes • Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work • Comments by other famous authors • Study questions to challenge the reader’s viewpoints and expectations • Bibliographies for further reading • Indices & Glossaries, when appropriate All editions are beautifully designed and are printed to superior specifications; some include illustrations of historical interest. Barnes & Noble Classics pulls together a constellation of influences—biographical, historical, and literary—to enrich each reader’s understanding of these enduring works. Mary Shelley began writing Frankenstein when she was only eighteen. At once a Gothic thriller, a passionate romance, and a cautionary tale about the dangers of science, Frankenstein tells the story of committed science student Victor Frankenstein. Obsessed with discovering "the cause of generation and life" and "bestowing animation upon lifeless matter," Frankenstein assembles a human being from stolen body parts but; upon bringing it to life, he recoils in horror at the creature?s hideousness. Tormented by isolation and loneliness, the once-innocent creature turns to evil and unleashes a campaign of murderous revenge against his creator, Frankenstein. Frankenstein, an instant bestseller and an important ancestor of both the horror and science fiction genres, not only tells a terrifying story, but also raises rofound, disturbing questions about the very nature of life and the place of humankind within the cosmos: What does it mean to be human? What responsibilities do we have to each other? How far can we go in tampering with Nature? In our age, filled with news of organ donation genetic engineering, and bio-terrorism, these questions are more relevant than ever. Karen Karbiener received a Ph.D. from Columbia University and currently teaches literature at New York University.
- E-Books [Kindle/ePub/PDF]
- Régime cétogène pour débutants : Défi de 28 jour pour transformer votre corps en une machine à brûler les graisses et optimiser vos performances + 60 recettes low-carb (Régime keto)
- Bouddha Bol. Edition revue et augmentée
- Ces 100 aliments qui nous font du bien
- Régimе Kеto pour débutants: Défi dе 21 jours pour convеrtir votrе corps еn unе machinе à brûlеr lеs graissеs pour vivrе plus sainеmеnt
- Le Petit Livre - Recettes de bébé
- Je commence aujourd hui!
- Baby cook book 100 purées, soupes et compotes
- Nature Bébés
- Je mange quoi... quand j'ai du diabète
- Beauty & Food
- Athlète food
- Recettes Healthy & Gourmandes
- Sans gras ni sucre ou presque !
- Je mange sans gluten
- Elsa's Wholesome Life
- Les recettes muscu et fitness - super sain
- Je mange quoi... quand je fais du sport
- Mon alimentation sans gluten
- 200 menus équilibrés à moins de 2 euros
- Végétarien, c'est bon, c'est sain
- 200 menus équilibrés en moins de 20 minutes
- Ferrandi. Légumes
- You deserve this.